Monday 24 January 2011

Charlton Corner - a win and a striker

I checked the internet this evening expecting to read about Keys and Gray, instead I was pleasantly surprised to find the rumours of Bradley Wright-Phillips were true. I now feel we have two top strikers for this decision. Yes, Anyinsah may not be a prolific striker right now but everyone who has seen us play this year has commented on how well he has lead the line, especially in comparison to the rest of our "strikeforce".

Now we have two strikers who defenders will have to worry about, something we have truly lacked since Mendonca and Hunt in my opinion. If we can add another defender and extend Fry's loan until the end of the year I will be happy.

A quick look back at the performance on Saturday, it was by no means a classic but we got the job done, something I never had faith in a Parkinson team doing. There were clearly a lot of nerves in the first half but once Wagstaff scored in the second half the team seemed to gain some confidence in their new style of play.

Although he wasn't on the pitch long Eccleston impressed me, much like our Scott Wagstaff his motor never seems to stop running. He chased back and won us the ball before picking up the pass from Francis and running at their defenders, Benson take note otherwise your Charlton career will be over before it started and I for one won't miss you. There was an element of luck to his goal but he took full advantage and made them pay which we will need in close games.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment