Thursday 4 November 2010

Charlton Corner - And the new Charlton manager is...

As Phil Parkinson continues to answer the questions raised by his detractors, those that criticise him will tomorrow have the chance to see if they could do any better. It is always fun to "live out" the dream that I have every Saturday and I have already pre-ordered my copy.

The performance against Swindon would seem to demonstrate an increase in confidence throughout the team. Anyinsah and Benson continue to bring the best out of each other and Wagstaff seems to be a great replacement for Lloyd Sam (who seems to have fizzled out at Elland Road). Johnnie Jackson continues to star in left midfield and, on current form, it will be difficult for Kyel Reid to get back into the starting lineup which is something I didn't think I would be able to say this season. I'm not sure all the credit can go to Phil and his coaching team, but they seem to have found something that is working for us right now and the players are carrying it out superbly.

A cup battle against the Bees will give some of the second string a chance to state their case. Although a cup run may be counter-productive in the long run, I hope we can continue our run of victories and carry the form forward into the new year. COME ON YOU REDS!

1 comment:

  1. So from tomorrow onwards my time with your full attention diminishes by approximately 90%?

    ReplyDelete